Thursday, March 10, 2011

Thirsty Thursday: The Sinful Girl Scout

I can't stop myself. Every year I over-order the Girl Scout cookies, and am faced with eating them all or banishing them to the trash bin. This year, I decided to get a little more mileage out of these guilty pleasures by making an alcohol drink (for the 21 and over crowd of course). This is a perfect sunny afternoon treat, or a yummy evening dessert.


Ingredients (this drink allows for plenty of improvisation. Be creative!)
Handful of Girl Scout cookies
3 small scoops of ice cream
2 ounces Bailey's
2 ounces vodka
1.5 ounces half n' half

Step 1: Bring out the cookies
Step 2: Scoop out 2-3 small servings of vanilla ice cream (or your favorite)







Step 3
: Measure 2 ounces of Bailey's, or some other creamy liquor
Step 4: Measure 2 ounces of vodka
Step 5: Measure 1.5 to 2 ounces of half n' half or milk







Step 6: Put all of the ingredients into the blender and mix at high speed
Step 7: Service in a clear glass for full layering benefits
Step 8: Serve with a green straw

4 comments:

  1. Damn! Just finished off my last thin mint last night. Guess I'll have to hit up the GS for more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, yum! I think we are down to the last half of the second row of thin mints. Will have to get another box & try this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um, I have a pack of thin mints in the freezer and this post is a sign from God that I should make this for dessert.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is really yummy and a way to eat half of box of cookies without anyone even knowing!

    ReplyDelete