Monday, February 21, 2011

Monday Manners: Rule #11

Rule #11: Respond to Drink Complaints Graciously
At every bar I've ever worked at, I only made martinis with vermouth upon request. So when a martini came back to me with the complaint that I'd put in too much vermouth, I chuckled. But I wasn't always so casual about it. In my early days I'd march over to the table and personally tell the patron that I didn't put in any vermouth to start with, which then of course got me into trouble because, well, why didn't I make the drink the way it is supposed to be made?

When a customer is unhappy with their drink, accept the complaint graciously and re-shake or remake the drink to their liking. They may not remember your amiableness, but they will definitely remember any attitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment