Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Tell It Tuesdays: Angel's Piano Bar | Santa Monica

Restaurant: Angel's Piano Bar
                   2460 Wilshire Blvd.
                   Santa Monica, CA
                   90403

Drink Damage: Dealer's Choice | $8
Margaritas | $6   Sangria Pitcher | $12

Interior Swag: Bars like this are hard to come by, especially on the west side of Los Angeles. Bravo to the owners/investors/creators of Angel's who developed a venue that fosters conversation and relaxation over trendiness and hype. Despite its glamorous interior the setting is unpretentious and extremely welcoming.

Service: Our server was great but Patrick the bartender really stole the show. He impressed me with his aromatic "Dealer's Choice" cocktail, blueberry vodka shot, and "Double & Flip." The manager also stopped by our table to chat for a bit, dressed from head to toe in the spirit of a 1940's supper club.

Food & Drink: Our table ordered pork sliders, pizza, and fried pickles. Let me just say now that those were the most amazing fried pickles I've ever had. It' ll be double order next time around.

Go-Back-Again-Ness: I think my girlfriend summed it up when she said, "I think I've found my neighborhood bar."

1 comment:

  1. I'd like credit for having that whole pitcher of sangria myself, please!

    ReplyDelete