Sunday, March 11, 2012

AWOP Radio Today

Tune into AWOP Radio today for another great group of speakers. I'll be contributing a St. Patrick's Day cocktail recipe in the beginning that you won't want to miss.

I'd also suggest checking out the links to the hosts of the show, and following their blogs and twitter feeds. They talk about important, and often polarizing issues affecting our country today.


Kim, Perry and Allie had some great questions today! Here's what they asked with some extended answers with links:

What other Irish drinks are there?
Truth be told, there are hundreds! Click here to see a list of the most frequently made drinks (at least at the bars I worked at). Later this week I will post video of how to make Irish Eyes and a drink I created, a Bloody Meabh (an Irish name that means "intoxicating beauty").

Is there a food coloring that won't do as much damage to counter tops (or poodles) as the regular kind?
Natural food coloring is available these days from markets like Whole Foods, and often even your local supermarket. India Tree is a company that offers food coloring made from vegetable colorants. Take a look at their website and I think you'll like what you see.

What other green liqueurs are our there?
Off the top of my head I listed Midori, Apple Pucker, and Creme de Menthe. Some others are Green Tea Liqueur, Chartreuse, and Absinthe. But as I mentioned on the show, explore different ways to naturally color your favorite clear spirit by infusing it with mint, cucumber, green apple peel, bell pepper, you name it!

What is the difference between Whiskey and Scotch?
In the whiskey family we've got single malt whisky, blended scotch, Irish whiskey, American Whiskey, Canadian whiskey, and grain whiskey. As I mentioned on the show, the differences aren't huge, although the taste may be. The small variations come to play in the distillation process, how long it's aged, and the blends.

No comments:

Post a Comment