Thursday, March 1, 2012

Hello My Name is Spring Cocktail

It's March 1st and already I feel like the morning sun popped up noticeably sooner. The weather forecast looks promising and I have a new pair of purple flip-flops. So that means it's spring, right?

If you're trying to wish warmer days in like I am, this fresh strawberry cocktail will get you there, at least in spirit. Enjoy!

Ingredients
2 ounces vodka
1/2 ounce triple sec
1 teaspoon vanilla syrup
1 cup fresh strawberries

Directions: muddle strawberries with the vodka & strain into a shaker with the triple sec and vanilla. Mix well & pour over ice.

2 comments:

  1. I am now hooked on your blog. Pure awesomeness!

    What's vanilla syrup?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Deanna!! That is so nice to hear. You can make homemade vanilla syrup by soaking vanilla beans in equal parts sugar and water. OR you can buy a premium bottle of vanilla syrup from your local market for between $12 & $24. I'd look for a bottle in an upscale market or high end liquor store.

    ReplyDelete