Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Restaurant and Bar Review: La Sandia Santa Monica

The Bar: La Sandia
               395 Santa Monica Place
               Santa Monica, CA 90401


The Drink: Choose from a variety of Margarita's for $5. I had the traditional Margarita and my friend chose the mango but we were both pleased enough to order seconds. A jigger is definitely used to make these drinks but filled to the top (at least).

The Food: The $3 Happy Hour Menu is truly delicious (just be careful about opening their website's PDF with the menu...it crashed my Internet three times). We sampled the ceviche, empanadas, and quesadillas and were impressed with each dish. The portions are small but at $3 a plate you can afford to double up on the order.

The Service: Our waitress was knowledgeable and friendly, but we didn't see her as often as I would have liked. Our first drinks were empty for a while and getting the check took some time. I equate this with being there on a Friday at 5:00. By 6:00 the place was hopping, and I didn't see too many other servers taking orders. Given the circumstances, she did the best she could have.

Go-Back-Againess: I will definitely go back, but not on a Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment